Monday, October 27, 2008

Yep...he's a boy alright!


So many of you know the story of Caleb and how the Dr's told us over and over that he was going to be a girl...imagine our surprise when a 10lb screaming boy pops out! anyways, I swear the child is trying to prove to everyone just how much of a boy he is!
At the young age of 7, my child has broken his collar bone, not once, but twice....broken both bones in his left arm that required two surgeries, and countless other mishaps. Well, wouldn't you know it...he's not done! Saturday afternoon, the neighborhood kids stopped by to jump on the trampoline...(don't even get me started on them.) Anyways, Chris sticks his head out the door to yell "BE CAREFUL", as they were of course, doing what? BEING BOYS! Within 2 minutes of said warning, I hear the "OMG I'M HURT" scream...you all know this scream by now, if not, I would be more than happy to send this child over to your house for a while so you can learn it, as its like a second language for him. Soooo, I run to the door, and what do I see? Caleb (of course) standing there holding his head forward, and blood POURING everywhere....GREAT! Chris (who was alone when then whole broken arm incident happened, and apparently still has post traumatic stress disorder from it) FREAKS out and starts yelling that he KNEW this was going to happen. Well, first of all, 1. if you KNEW this was going to happen, why didn't you tell the kids to get off the trampoline? and 2. you didn't KNOW this was going to happen, it was an accident...calm down SheRa. Anyways, I grab a towel and apply pressure to try to stop the bleeding long enough to see how bad it really is....an inch and half long gash above his eye, right below the eyebrow. Ok, yes its bad, BUT it's not like his eyeball popped out, we'll figure this out....in 2.3 seconds, my husband has grabbed the child, loaded him in the car and is screaming at me (as I'm trying to call the minor med) to "COME ON WE HAVE TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL!" first of all, he has stopped crying AND I have the phone in my hand trying to figure out where to go...(you would think by now I would have these numbers memorized ) let me handle the situation. Instead, we fly through traffic (on Hwy 64 at 4:30 in the afternoon no less....yea, no possibilities of doing more damage by having an accident there...) and swing in to St. Francis Hospital. Thankfully there was no one there, and they were able to get us back pretty quickly....although, as we're sitting there, I start to wonder how long it'll be before all the hospitals to pull their charts together and send child services to come inspect my house as this is now the child's 4th emergency room visit in 7 years. Anyways.....they were able to patch him back together, a little bit of glue and some bandaids and he was all good (although he was kinda hoping for some stitches so he could be Frankenstien for Halloween...HAHA! That's MY child!) and my husband was finally able to breathe again. Ahhhhh..the joys of boys!

5 comments:

Jen James said...

Hey! I can confirm that Caleb WAS INDEED born a boy! :-) Oh my gosh, at least I wasn't there, and my kids can't be blamed for this one! So, if we get Caleb an emergency first aid kit for Christmas, he'll be okay with that?

Anonymous said...

LOL! I hadn't heard the full story. Bless his heart.

Kimmeebee

Anonymous said...

yea I know this girl and its true her husband is way to good for her!!! Ha ha.She has the most wounderful boys though.I dont really think they are heathens.As for her she is loud,kind,loving,loud,fun,outgoing,loud,lucky to have Chris, Did I say loud.Love ya chell mikey

Anonymous said...

That's my boy! Will you and Chris please - please get rid of that tramploline now?
Love ya, Momma

Anonymous said...

I mean trampoline... i see i can't go back and change it after i send it... so i'm going to have to be more careful!
Momma