Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Reason for Thanks!







So it's been a while since I've been able to post, but life has been busy! This semester is wrapping up, Chris' company has been bought out, and the boys are...well, the boys. Typically, I am not one to get overly excited by Thanksgiving, as it's just a pit stop along the way to Christmas...but this year...a whole different story! I'm not sure if it's because I've been gone so much from my family the last three months, or perhaps just because I'm getting a little older (notice I did not say OLD!), but I really wanted to take a few extra minutes to share all the things I am thankful for this year.

* I am thankful for the support I have been given in my decision to go back to school...both by family and friends. Without that, I'm not sure I could have done it.
* I am thankful for Stanley, who bought out Mid-South Automatic Door. Although the transition may be difficult for Chris, it means he still has a job in this tough economy, and one with much better benefits.
* I am thankful for my Mom, who has taught me how to be frugal. With her knowledge, I've been able to keep my family fed for less, which has really been a lifesaver with me not working.
* I am thankful for my friends, who have kept me sane the last few months. The quick breaks in reality spent talking on the phone, or over coffee, have been such a stress relief.
* I am thankful Hershey's. By giving my brother such an amazing job, he has been able to still spend time home with us.
* I am thankful for my boys, Macon and Caleb. Who have given me stress, panic attacks and gray hair....without them, I wouldn't know how much fun life could be.
* I am thankful for my husband, Chris and the last 8 years of our lives. You are my best friend, my biggest supporter, and my co-conspirator in life. Happy Anniversary Babe! I love you!

4 comments:

Donna said...

You've grown into such a strong young lady, I'm very proud of you and of your accomplishments. Your road has been a tough one, but you continue to prove that when you put your mind to it - you can find success in all you do. I love you and I'm glad you're my daughter.

Momma

Anonymous said...

Aww! I loved reading this. And I love you!

Anonymous said...

man Chris looks good Ha ha Mikey

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.