Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Look at us go!!!!

I know it's been a while since my last post, so I'm setting a new goal while I'm out of school, to keep this updated more often, and hopefully, it'll become more routine for when I go back...in 5 weeks (who thought summer school was a good idea?!?!?). May was an extremely crazy month for us, and there's lots I want to update everyone on, but I'll start with a biggie.

Macon finished 5th grade this year, with it being his last at Lakeland Elementary. He's been there every year since Kindergarten, so leaving it will be bittersweet. While he's growing up and moving on, he'll once again be the low man on the totem pole at his new school. And after seeing some of the older boys in the higher grades, I'm hoping his hormones kick in (I'm sure I'll eat these words later) so that he won't be the "little" guy when August rolls around. Although, I'm sure Reagan (his 5'4" girlfriend) wouldn't mind helping him out ;-). I'm so extremely proud of him and all his accomplishments for the last six years, and can only hope that he continues on this road of success. He finished out the year with having been on Honor Roll every quarter of his school days thus far. He was awarded the Presidential Award, which is based on TCAP scores and grades, recieving a certificate signed by President Obama and a Presidential pin. Having been chosen as an Lakeland Ambassador at the beginning of the year, he was recognized for the duties he performed throughout the year, which included helping with the new kindergartners, leading school tours to new parents and students, and being available to the Principal and Vice Principal. He was a member of the Recorder Ensemble and Art Club, and also recieved awards for his participation in both. I cannot even begin to say how proud of him we are. And although I catch myself being hard on him sometimes, I know in my heart that he's a really smart kid and he continues to prove it over and over.



Caleb also did a great job finishing up the 2nd grade. Heading in, Caleb was not an avid reader, and had the least bit of interest in becoming one. After a bit of pushing, he picked up a chapter book and took off with it! Every quarter, Caleb was at the top of his class in AR (Advanced Reader) in either points or percentage! He also completed the year on Honor Roll, and recieved the Citizenship Award for having good conduct! He's excited about starting 3rd grade, and learning division, as he was the class champion of Multiplication Math Challenge! I know he'll do a wonderful job!!!!


And last but not least, I completed another semester at University of Memphis this May! Inching my way closer to graduation, and even better by doing it on the DEAN'S LIST!!!! I'm proud to say, this was my second letter recognizing my good grades since returning last fall! I've also signed up for a couple of summer classes (completed one already with an A) and then will return full time again in the August. How awesome am I?!?!? :-)

2 comments:

Sherrie Miller said...

All three of you ROCK and Chris too for supporting you guys! Love you!

Anonymous said...

We're so proud of all three of you!!

Love Nana and Papa